The Biggert-Waters Act of 2012 calls for private insurers to enter the flood marketplace to provide alternatives to NFIP insurance. We offer an exclusive private market flood insurance program designed specifically for companies that have flood coverage through their master property insurance policy as an alternative to their primary layer of NFIP flood insurance for locations and/or buildings located in FEMA-designated Special Flood Hazard Areas (SFHA: flood zones beginning with letters A and V). This private flood insurance program is designed to simplify the administration of primary layer flood coverage, enhance the coverage terms, and eliminate gaps in coverage between NFIP maximum limits and your client’s flood deductible in its master property insurance policy. Take advantage of this exclusive program to achieve a competitive advantage in the marketplace and reduce your errors and omissions exposure.
- One master policy instead of many individual NFIP policies.
- One renewal date your client can choose instead of scattered NFIP renewal dates.
- The per occurrence limit is tailored to match the flood deductible in your client’s property insurance policy to eliminate gaps in coverage.
- Replacement Cost Value (RCV) coverage instead of Actual Cash Value (ACV) coverage.
- Option to include business interruption/loss of rents coverage which is unavailable through the NFIP.
- Availability to choose a deductible that matches your client’s risk tolerance and lender requirements instead of having to choose from the few NFIP deducible options.
- Add and delete locations/buildings with ease in the same manner you add and delete to your client’s master property, general liability and excess liability programs.
- No annual aggregate limit.
The goal is to replace most, if not all, of your client’s NFIP flood policies to simplify administration while improving coverage and eliminating costly coverage gaps.
Contact us to leverage this exclusive private market flood insurance program to achieve a competitive advantage in the marketplace and reduce your errors and omissions exposure.